Tuesday, June 9, 2009


Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks


It’s said that you’re never too old to learn, and today has proved that. Bad weather has kept me indoors and as a result I’ve been writing articles for Trevor’s website www.gites-with-pools.co.uk . As you’ll know if you’re reading this I’ve also started a blog so that I can share these articles with anyone who’s interested, and keep you all (all might be a bit grand) informed of the goings on here in “La Belle France”. I’ve tried Facebook but it doesn’t give me the space that I need, so I’ve joined such illustrious figures as John Prescott and started blogging.

Now I don't know about you but whatever I do I want it to look professional, with photographs and the like. I’m pretty reasonable on the computer so I thought I’ll be able to crack this blogging lark, so I tried and I tried and I tried. I could get the text up I could even get the pictures up, but I just couldn’t manoeuvre them into the right positions. I must have wasted an hour trying in vain to re-position three photos, then the phone rang and it was that well known webmaster Trevor. Within 5 minutes he’d taught me how to manipulate the photos and how to create links. I would still have been trying now without his help, so thanks Trevor you’re a legend. It just goes to show that you can teach an old dog new tricks after all.

Tate June 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment