Monday, June 8, 2009

The Blogging Begins

Hi everyone or no one as the case may be, this is my first blog so don't be too hard on me, I'm going to post all of the articles that I write for www.gites-with-pools.co.uk along with anything else that I find interesting, amusing or infuriating, provided that I can come to terms with the technology. Being the verbose old fart that I am I find that there isn't enough room on a Facebook post to get in all that I need to say, and as not one person commented on the post I put up about the exploding cooker I figure no one's interested in the stuff I post anyway. Perhaps I'm too long in the tooth for facebook but most of the stuff that I read seems either inordinately trivial or stuff that I would only want to communicate to certain people on my friends list.

I've been here nearly 4 weeks and so far so good Ron and Gerald went home after the first 10 days and since then Kieron and Julia have been out to their place for a few days, they were as always Mr. & Mrs. Hospitality however I was able to repay a little of their generosity by inviting them over to watch the Champions League Final, Julia being a Man Utd fan. Trevor and I have been galavanting with a day at the Grand parc du Puy du Fou and a day in La Rochelle already under our belts, this week we have a day on the Isle de Re planned and maybe lunch at a little restaurant in Cheffois.

Luckily Marie-Jo is back doing my cleaning, Christian is still happy to help me with the shopping and my trusty side kick Trev is here to fix all the little things and organise someone else if anything major goes wrong, so everything is in place for a bumper summer. All we need now is decent weather. As in the UK it has been fantastic here up until the last few days, we had a thunder storm here today and it has been very windy. They're forecasting a return to sun on Wednesday but I'm not holding my breath. As an asside I think if I had my time again I would become a weather man after all what other profession can you think of where you can be wrong 70% of the time and still keep your job, appart from politics that is.

Tate

1 comment:

  1. T8,,,, there you are! how FAB!! Loved reading all your articles etc,, excellent work!! You did however forget to mention that your 'streamlined' hair cut has aided the speed of your "Thunderbird T8"!!! Ha! So any time you ae ready for a re-cut,,, send your T-Bird to pick me up!! take care Diddley. xox

    ReplyDelete