Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bulletin
Well the weeks are speeding by here, and it's a bit of a social whirl. Kieron & Julia have gone back to England but Stephen & Sally have arrived. Sally goes back to England tomorrow to officially retire and as Trevor's place is out of commission being full of customers we're all getting together here, including Sue as Tim is also back in the UK. We all had dinner at Steve & Sally's on Sunday and as usual their hospitality was boundless, so much so that I wasn't altogether myself yesterday. Some of you might think that me not feeling like myself would be a bit of a bonus for me.
I went shopping in Super U on my own yesterday as Christian can't make our Wednesday shop as he's off with one of his mates to the coast to eat sea food, I'll await his report to see if it goes on our list of restaurants to try. Knowing my mate Christian the quality will be high and the price will be the price. I've been cooking this morning. I found some Scotch Bonnet chillies in the supermarket the other day so it should be a bit of a bum burner. I'm just waiting for it to finish off before I get out by the pool.
The iffy weather continues, when it's hot it sure is hot but there are days when it's not so good, what's infuriating is that on the bad days the sky often clears and the sun comes out but too late to take advantage of it, we've rarely had a day without some sun this year. The truth is though that the weather ought to be really good all the time at this time of year.
Trevor and I are off to the Isle de Re on Thursday a beautifull small island just off the coast and connected to La Rochelle by a road bridge. The island is populated by the beautiful people including some stars so I'm informed and they are in the middle of one of the strangest campaigns I've ever heard of. The fee for crossing the road bridge is quite high and as is the norm here in France once the bridge is paid for the toll will be removed. As the repayment date approaches however, the residents of the island are campaigning for the toll to stay, fearing that a toll free bridge will mean that their quiet idyll will be invaded by us the great unwashed. So its a first for me people campaigning to keep on paying a toll, what a wacky world eh. I'll let you know how it all went another time.
If you can't wait to see it here visit http://www.gites-with-pools.co.uk/ where it will appear first,

No comments:

Post a Comment