Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last entry, there's just so much going on here at the moment that there isn't actually time to write it all down. Since the last blog entry Trevor and I have spent the day on the Isle de Re and today we spent the day on the NW Vendeen coast in my favourite Vendeen coastal resort St.Giles Croix-de-Vie. Sally's now back from the UK having retired, the Lions Tests and now Wimbledon are on the box and we've had day upon day of lovely weather, even if I had another day a week it wouldn't be enough.

Sadly a very dear friend of mine is seriously ill in hospital and my love and thoughts are with her, she is only young and her situation is critical, life is anything but fair. At times like this one feels so helpless especially this far away, not that proximity would help.

My French neighbour's marriage is going through a rocky stage at the moment so there are lots of arguments and plenty of shouting and screaming. It's such a shame, they have worked so hard together to bring up three lovely kids and build a very successful business and now all that could be for nought, if they can't resolve things.

The forecast is for localised storms tomorrow so I might be able to write one of the articles that I owe Trevor, of course I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the sun will be shining and I'll be able to spend the day by the pool. That would be Shangri La.

No comments:

Post a Comment