Saturday, October 10, 2009

Winding Down

Just ten days now until I come back to the UK and this period is always a bit difficult, I’m very lucky because it’s like living two lives in one with different friends, different social interaction, different vistas and a different mind set. It does take some adjustment moving between the two, and this period is quite unsettling, funnily enough when I’m on the brink of leaving the UK for France I don’t get the same feeling of limbo. When waiting to come out to France it’s more a feeling of excitement and anticipation, of course that could be the prospect of the summer as opposed to the winter. I am looking forward to getting back to England to see the family and my English friends and to have a pint of real beer, but I'm not looking forward to the rain and the cold weather.

There are loads of things that have happened which I haven’t bothered to write about like the chair breakdown in St. Giles Croix de Vie, but as no one bothered to answer my request to comment in order that I know if anyone is actually reading, I can only assume that they’re not so I don’t see the point of spending my time writing this when I can be helping Trevor by correcting the English on his website. It is a shame because I did enjoy these little chats, it's more interesting writing about what's going on rather than translating Bristolian into English, but I can't see the point if no one is reading it.

A bientot

No comments:

Post a Comment