Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blog Swamp

I suppose those of you who started by following the blog and now don’t bother could be excused. Not only do you have to put up with the nonsense that I write but you also have to put up with the sporadic postings. I blame a mixture of having too much to do, the weather having been too good and Trevor’s website.

Blogging is made more difficult when having to keep in mind Trevor’s website. It is important that the reviews are posted on his website before my blog in order that they help raise his profile with Google. I don’t have any problem with that after all that’s one of the reasons I write the blog. It’s easy however to forget to post things on the blog when you have to wait for a few days after they have been posted on Trevor’s website, before being able to post them. The delay is in order to give Google time to find them on Trevor’s website and accredit them to it.

I’ve devised a filing method that indicates whether a review has been posted on either the website or the blog or both. This is fine however I’ve just found three restaurant reviews that I’ve missed from the blog. The reason is that they had fallen below the point where they were immediately visible on screen, and had reached the point at which one has to employ the downward arrow to see them, and you know what they say “out of sight out of mind”.

So now not only have I flooded you with a couple of posts that I had half finished previously I’m now going to drown you with these three reviews, and I still have things in production. Please accept my apologies; I’ll try to keep it a bit more constant from now on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment